Sunday 28 December 2008

San Francisco Treat

That is my SO's new nickname for me. Why? Because we are moving to San Fran! I am very excited about this. I have been living in cold climates for far too long. One of the down sides of CRON/Paleo is that being lean means sorely lacking in insulation. My feet enter a deep freeze around November and thaw sometime in May. 

So I am in San Francisco scouting apartments. I still can't get over the fact that I will be living in a place that has PALM TREES year 'round. 

And oh my god, the food. I have had fabulous thai including some amazing chicken satay and tom yum soup, as well as an excellent warm chicken salad with romaine, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions, and a grilled Hawaiian fish called Monchong with zucchini and carrots. There are so many delicious choices, and it is so easy here. 

Cage free eggs are everywhere, as is gorgeous produce. I am spoiled for choice. And as for exercise, I can be outside all year round walking the hills. I think I'm really going to love it here. As usual, traveling, I am simply doing the best I can eating wise. I feel pretty good, actually. Poached eggs and berries for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch, fruit and a protein bar for dinner. 

I am definitely eating more fruit than usual, but it is SO good here I can't resist :) And all this walking up and down is making me HUNGRY. But I really love the fact that San Francisco is a very walkable city--I can't wait to go exploring when I move here for good. I especially can't wait for the farmers markets. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

He, he, those of us in San Diego think of SF as a cold climate place. It's all relative, I suppose.

Lucky you, I love the food options in SF and Northern CA in general (Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, and farther north, too).

Here in SD we have great year round produce foods, but the humanely-raised, pastured animal foods are sorely lacking, at least in terms of easy to find, local, and plentiful, etc. Even local seafood requires a lot of effort and sleuthing. A few ranches deliver seasonally, but one has to ask everywhere to make the connections. The average grocery store shopper would be boggled by this.