Wednesday 10 December 2008

Healthier eating through influence

I have always considered myself a relatively fit person, cognizant of the food I eat and my general health. However, my perspectives on this with regard to diet changed significantly when I met my cavewoman. How? By observing her break down daily nutrition levels using the CRON-o-meter, this made me start to reflect on similar things in my own diet . . . though I am not disciplined enough to use the tool on a regular basis, I do keep it on my Mac (we are both HUGE Apple fans w/ iPhone and Macbooks to boot). By using it as a source of information or mentally keeping conscience of the numbers helps me make better choices when eating.


The results: in keeping my routines, after 1 year of eating like this, I weigh about 15 pounds less. Thinking about what you eat matters and combined with the delicious food she makes, she has also helped me make better choices when she is not around and for that, the results speak for themselves.


Indeed, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

No comments: