Sunday 28 December 2008

A quick review of 2008

I am a pretty inquisitive guy and have always been conscious of my health, but as I have mentioned before, my dietary habits significantly changed when I met my love, as I began to proactively analyze the nutritional value of my overall diet. The difference I have made is subtle but important; it is one thing to try to eat the "right" things, is quite another to understand your overall nutritional composition on daily basis and how this measures up to standards to ensure that you are getting what your body needs.

My methods in doing this certainly need refinement and I can be more explicit and scientific about my ways of tracking what I eat, but the general theme I am leaving for other wayward fellows out there is to track your food, whether formally or generally and look at these foods against nutrition factors.

Some of my guy friends get annoyed at me when I point out foods which are really not great. I don't stop though because this perspective keeps me in line and I also want them to think about these things.

I feel better when I eat less bread (which is hard because I LOVE bread) and keep a high protein, lower carbohydrate diet. I have also over 10 pounds this year as a product of diet (not exercise) and am looking to eating increasingly better that I can move towards the shape which I desire.

No comments: